You might need an inspection!
Here at ARCB we recommend annual inspection for all of our clients. There are a number of reasons for this.
- All parts of a challenge course will wear at different speeds and in different places depending on use.
- There are new standards being introduced regularly, what may have been acceptable 5 years ago may not be now.
- On tree courses there can be a major difference in the growth of trees over a 12 month period.
- AS/NZS 1891 recommends documented six monthly PPE inspections by a competent person.
- The only way you can be totally sure your course is current is for it to be inspected annually.
Standards Australia has recently started to look at creating a national standard in regard to challenge ropes courses, they are looking at adopting the ACCT(Association of challenge course technologies) or the EN European standards or a mix of the two.
We use the ACCT standard and all applicable Australian Standard.